Are you hiding your identity?

Please read Genesis 12:10-20 and Genesis 26:1-11

Genesis 12:10-20- "At that time there wasn't enough food in the land. So Abram went down to Egypt to live there for a while. As he was about to enter Egypt, he spoke to his wife Sarai. He said, "I know what a beautiful woman you are. The people of Egypt will see you. They will say, 'This is his wife.' And they will kill me. But they will let you live. Say you are my sister. Then I'll be treated well because of you. My life will be spared because of you." Abram arrived in Egypt. The people of Egypt saw that Sarai was a very beautiful woman. When Pharaoh's officials saw her, they bragged to Pharaoh about her. Sarai was taken into his palace. Pharaoh treated Abram well because of her. So Abram gained more sheep and cattle. He also got more male and female donkeys. And he gained more male and female servants and some camels. But the Lord sent terrible sicknesses on Pharaoh and everyone in his palace. He did it because of Abram's wife Sarai. So Pharaoh sent for Abram. "What have you done to me?" he said. "Why didn't you tell me she was your wife? Why did you say, 'She's my sister'? That's why I took her to be my wife. Now then, here's your wife. Take her and go!" Then Pharaoh gave orders about Abram to his men. They sent him on his way. He left with his wife and everything he had."


Genesis 26:1-11- "There was very little food in the land. The same thing had been true earlier, in Abraham's time. Isaac went to Abimelech in Gerar. Abimelech was the king of the Philistines. The Lord appeared to Isaac. He said, "Do not go down to Egypt. Live in the land where I tell you to live. Stay here for a while. I will be with you and give you my blessing. I will give all of these lands to you and your children after you. And I will keep the promise I made with an oath to your father Abraham. I will make your children after you as many as the stars in the sky. And I will give them all these lands. All nations on earth will be blessed because of your children. "I will do all of those things because Abraham obeyed me. He did what I required. He kept my commands, my rules and my laws." So Isaac stayed in Gerar. The men of that place asked him about his wife. He said, "She's my sister." He was afraid to say, "She's my wife." He thought, "The men of this place might kill me because of Rebekah. She's a beautiful woman." Isaac had been there a long time. One day Abimelech, the king of the Philistines, looked down from a window. He saw Isaac hugging and kissing his wife Rebekah. So Abimelech sent for Isaac. He said, "She's really your wife, isn't she? Why did you say, 'She's my sister'?" Isaac answered him, "I thought I might lose my life because of her." Then Abimelech said, "What have you done to us? What if one of the men had sex with your wife? Then you would have made us guilty." So Abimelech gave orders to all of the people. He said, "You can be sure that anyone who harms this man or his wife will be put to death."


When we read through these verses, we can see that father(Abraham) and son(Issac) going through the same kind of situation mostly in a same way.

We can see that both Abraham and Issac is going away from there places because there was shortage of food. Both were going to Egypt, but God stopped Issac on the way at Gerar. And both of them lied about their wife that they are their sisters, because they feared about their life. Both of them hide their identity as husband. But God made the kings to know that the girls were not their sisters but their wifes. And they were treated very politely and greatly. And also the kings gave orders to people not to do any harm to them.

Dear child of God, God is aksing whether you have come out of your place because of shortage of food or any other shortages... and whether you are hiding your identity from others just because of the sake of your life or any other fears...

God is telling, He is going to reveal your identity to the people but as you fear it will not harm you, instead they will honour you and other peoples will get orders regarding you from the authorities. God is going to do wonders in your life...

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8: 31

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Answers in Genesis HOME page
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...