Are you not loved?

Please read Genesis 29:15- 30:24

In short, from this chapters we can know that Jacob was in love with Rachel and for getting Rachel he worked seven years for Laban and after that Laban cheated Jacob and made Leah his wife instead of Rachel and again for getting Rachel Jacob is working for seven years.

Leah had weak eyes, but Rachel was lovely in form, and beautiful. Genesis 29:17

When the LORD saw that Leah was not loved, he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. Genesis 29:31


God spoke to me through this two verses and He gave me one more verse to connect to this and meditate, i.e. Luke 18:10-14
"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."


Here Jesus speaks about two persons, one is the tax collector and the other one is the Pharisee. Tax collector is considered to be a sinner at that time who did not have a respectable place in the society and the Pharisee was considered to be the God's person and had a respectable place in the society. But from the parable we can know that God justified the tax collector rather than the Pharisee.

In the case of Leah and Rachel it is almost the same. Leah was not so beautiful and lovable as that of Rachel. But God saw that Leah was not loved and He blessed her but Rachel became barren.

Genesis 29:32- "Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben, for she said, "It is because the LORD has seen my misery. Surely my husband will love me now."
Here Leah tells that surely my husband will love me now.

Genesis 29:33- She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "Because the LORD heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too." So she named him Simeon.
Even after giving birth to the first child she was not loved much by Jacob I guess, because when she conceived the second time she is telling that because she was not loved, God gave her the second one.

Genesis 29:34- Again she conceived, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "Now at last my husband will become attached to me, because I have borne him three sons." So he was named Levi.
After giving birth to the second one Jacob started loving her, because when she conceived the third time she is telling that now my husband will get attached to me. So it comes to the next level of love.

Genesis 29:35- She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "This time I will praise the LORD." So she named him Judah. Then she stopped having children.
Now she is telling that this time she will praise the Lord. Because as she wished her husband loved her and he got attached to her also, so now she is praising the Lord with satisfaction.

Genesis 30:1- When Rachel saw that she was not bearing Jacob any children, she became jealous of her sister. So she said to Jacob, "Give me children, or I'll die!"
From Rachel's life we can see that she is jealous and complaining Jacob, she is not admitting that it is her mistake or fault.

Genesis 30:2-5- Jacob became angry with her and said, "Am I in the place of God, who has kept you from having children?" Then she said, "Here is Bilhah, my maidservant. Sleep with her so that she can bear children for me and that through her I too can build a family." So she gave him her servant Bilhah as a wife. Jacob slept with her, and she became pregnant and bore him a son. Then Rachel said, "God has vindicated me; he has listened to my plea and given me a son." Because of this she named him Dan.
Here we can see that she is not admitting about his mistake and plans and executes her on ways to have children. And she is getting satisfied with the child which was born by her servant for Jacob.

Genesis 30:22-24- Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and opened her womb. She became pregnant and gave birth to a son and said, "God has taken away my disgrace." She named him Joseph, and said, "May the LORD add to me another son."
From this verse we can understand that Rachel gave up on her own works and started praying and trusting in God and God listened to her and blessed her with Joseph.

Dear child of God are you like Leah who is not loved???
Let God see that you are not loved, He will start blessing you and you will get more love and attachment till you get satisfied. You will be satisfied with the God's blessing and you will start praising the Lord for that.

Or are you like Rachel still carrying out your own plans to achieve goals???
You will be forced to satisfy with what you get from your plans. Stop your plans and turn your eyes to God and pray, God will listen to you and He will take away your disgrace and you will be blessed with a Joseph.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Answers in Genesis HOME page
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...