Qualifying for the unqualified

Please read Genesis 27:1-40

When we read through this passage we can see that Jacob gets the blessing from Issac which was supposed to be given to Esau by Issac.

Isaac said, "I am now an old man and don't know the day of my death. Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Prepare me the kind of tasty food I like and bring it to me to eat, so that I may give you my blessing before I die." Genesis 27:2-4

Here we can see that Issac is asking Esau to hunt some wild animals and to prepare a tasty food for him which he likes for getting the blessings. Esau is going and doing as if what his father has asked him to do. Esau was a skillful hunter(Genesis 25:27 The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter), so he got a wild animal with his skill and prepared a tasty food for his father and came to his father but he was not able to get the blessings.

Now, my son, listen carefully and do what I tell you: Go out to the flock and bring me two choice young goats, so I can prepare some tasty food for your father, just the way he likes it. Then take it to your father to eat, so that he may give you his blessing before he dies." Genesis 27:8-10

Here we can see Rebekah asking Jacob to bring two young goats from the flock for preparing a tasty food for Issac so that Issac will get the blessing. Jacob was a quiet man (Genesis 25:27 while Jacob was a quiet man, staying among the tents). First Jacob was afraid to do so because he had some doubts.(Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, "But my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I'm a man with smooth skin. 12 What if my father touches me? I would appear to be tricking him and would bring down a curse on myself rather than a blessing.") Then His mother said to him, "My son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say; go and get them for me." So Jacob went and got two young goats and Rebekah prepared a tasty food and she clothed him with the best cloth and covered his hands and necks with goatskins and she is sending Jacob to Issac with the tasty food and we know that Jacob got all the blessings.

I was just meditating this whole thing that had happened with Issac and Esau. I asked God, what you want me to tell from this. The next day also i was reading and meditating through this passage, the next day only God spoke to me. God gave me the thought that Esau is the representative of Old Testament and Jacob is the representative of New Testament.

That person who is under Old Testament, which means the people under the law, is like Esau. For getting the blessing they have to use their skills and also they have to do everything by themselves. Then only they have the assurance of the blessing.

And that person who is under New Testament, which means the people who are under the grace, is like Jacob. They only have to pick the two young goats from the flock and all else will be done by Rebekah.

We are under the New Testament, we don’t have to use our skill to get into heaven, and we don’t have to do anything. Jesus has taken our sins and curses and He prepares us perfectly so that we can just go to our heavenly father directly to take the blessings.

Those who are still under Old Testament, do you want to come in to the New Testament?
Just keep away the skills that you are using and pick the two young goats. We can see the two young goats in Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved", first one is you have to believe in Jesus Christ and the second one is getting baptized. If you are doing this two, rest will be taken care by Jesus. He will prepare you perfectly so that you can go directly to God and receive the blessing that is heaven.

Even if you don't have any skills or any other talents to please God, even if you are unqualified for getting into the heaven, don't worry.. Jesus is there to qualify you... Just do what he tells to do and he will prepare you to be qualified to get into heaven.

GOD BLESS YOU...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Answers in Genesis HOME page
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...